Friday, May 14, 2010

Done with School!!!

:EDIT: sorry about all the edits guys, but I've been having some issues with the formatting. Argh! I hope you don't mind. ):

Ahhhh! Finally done with exams and school. Summer break, here I come! I plan to do a lot of art and crafts during break and update my etsy store more often. To kick it off, here's some doodles I did while I was trying to
de-stress from final exams:


Talking with some of my friends has brought up some really nostalgic things, like what TV show we watched as a kid. Out of the list someone mentioned Gensomaden Saiyuki and I squealed like the silly fangirl I am from remembering a pretty significant part of my childhood. After that we commenced sharing who was our favorite of the four protagonists (mine being Gojyo, he will always have a special place in my heart lol) and the fact that I apparently resemble Hakkai the most when it comes to my personality according to my friends. (vicious with a sweet smile! D8< ) The idea stuck with me and I sketched Hakkai on Tegaki-E first, then I couldn't leave the other 3 behind. I still have to clean up Hakkai's version though, since his drawing was a sketch and I took more time on the others.

I've found Tegaki-E to be a really good place to jot down ideas for future drawings and such. I think I'll be there more often now that I have the time... but I really need to make some more substantial things! I have a lot of leftover yarn from previous projects, and I'm thinking I'll make some scrunchies with them. Lacy and fluffy chouc
hou's (that's what they are referred to in Japan. Personally I think that's a much nicer name than "scrunchies") are popular in Japanese girl's fashion lately. Here's some that I found on Yahoo shopping that were just adorable!

I think my leftover cotton-candy-pink brushed yarn will make a nice one. :) I can't wait to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment